COURSE CODE: MMS 199
COURSE TITLE: Undergraduate Seminar on Multimedia Studies
PREREQUISITES: Senior standing
Development of skills in analyzing and discussing an independent work of multimedia
At the end of this course, you shoud be able to:
- Effectively present a proposal for an independent piece of multimedia research;
- Parse and summarize research conducted and presented by senior researchers from the field; and
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in, and recommend improvements to, research presentations conducted by their peers and other researchers.
- I. Lectures on research presentation-related topics
- A. Oral presentations of research: what are they for?
- B. Engaging with research: Making sense of research presentations
- C. Engaging with researchers: Delivering and receiving critical feedback
- II. Research Topic Presentation and Evaluation
- A. Preparing presentations
- B. Delivering presentations